Windkat Installation Instructions for flexible liner attachments
Thank you for choosing the Windkat. Please read the information below carefully and email us on email@example.com should you have any queries.
Please take safety precautions when climbing up to the chimney
- Wear protective gloves when handling the Windkat as the edges are sharp
- Only install the Windkat if your chimney is intact
- Do not install if there is a risk of lightning.
Please make sure your flue is safe and meets building regulations before installing the Windkat. Getting a qualified Chimney Sweep to sweep and check your chimney is a good way to do this.
This guide is for installing Windkat into a flexible liner attachment
Included in delivery:
- Flexi Liner Connector
- Push the metal fixing band with jubilee clip over the flexible liner, loosening if necessary.
- Slot the Windkat pipe with the ridge inside the flexible liner, it should fit snugly over the ridge. Fasten the jubilee clip carefully so that it squeezes the flexible liner above the ridge so that it cannot slide down. This is a fiddly job unfortunately!