Windkat Installation Instructions for chimney stacks without pots
Thank you for choosing the Windkat. Please read the information below carefully and email us on firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any queries.
Please take safety precautions when climbing up to the chimney
- Wear protective gloves when handling the Windkat as the edges are sharp
- Only install the Windkat if your chimney is intact
- Do not install if there is a risk of lightning.
Please make sure your flue is safe and meets building regulations before installing the Windkat. Getting a qualified Chimney Sweep to sweep and check your chimney is a good way to do this.
This guide is for installing Windkat onto chimney stacks without pots
Included in delivery:
- Base plate
- 4 x 6mm wall plugs
- 4 screws
- Heat resistant sealant
- Hammer Drill
- Remove the Windkat from the base plate
- Place the base plate on the chimney and position it according to the chimney’s dimensions.
- Mark mounting holes on the chimney.
- Remove the base plate from the chimney and drill the 6mm mounting holes.
- Insert the wall plugs into the mounting holes
- Use heat resistant sealant to seal the space between base plate and chimney stack.
- Secure the base plate with screws into the drilled mounting holes.
- Place the Windkat back onto the base plate. The Windkat will fasten automatically due to the nozzles. No extra fasteners are required.
- IMPORTANT: The Windkat must fit firmly onto the baseplate. If it slides on/off easily, remove it again and carefully press-in all the injection nozzles by approximately 5mm then push the Windkat all the way onto the plugin connector a gain (this time it should make a firm fit and the nozzles will self adjust).