Windkat Twin Wall Flue Cowl
Choosing the right size Windkat
Windkat is available in a variety of popular sizes to fit most flue pipes, chimney pots and chimney stacks.
Windkat for Flue Pipes comes in five popular sizes (for 5 inch, 6 inch, 7 inch, 8 inch and 10 inch flue pipes) and is installed by slotting inside the flue. Simply choose the Windkat size that is 1mm to 10mm smaller than the internal diameter of your flue pipe, thereby ensuring a snug and secure fit. We include a tube of heat resistant silicone to seal the fit.
We can manufacture Windkat to virtually any size by special order.
Choosing Windkat extras if you need them
Wire Mesh for Gas Fires (+ £25)
If the flue to which the Windkat is to be fitted serves a Gas appliance, then by UK law, wire mesh must be added to cover the cowl opening. This optional Extra can only be ordered with the Windkat (not possible to retro fit).
Choosing a Windkat Colour (£24)
Most customers choose Windkat in its standard stainless steel form, however we can powder coat our products in 3 standard colours (black, terracotta, anthracite) for an additional charge.
We can also manufacture Windkat in virtually any RAL shade and specialist finish by special order.
- We offer FREE shipping to most of Mainland UK.
- Unfortunately charges apply (at courier cost) for Highlands, Islands & Northern Ireland - currently this is £18.00 including vat for up to 2 cowls.
- Contact your local dealer for stock enquiries.
- Shipping to France is £15.00
- Shipping to Ireland is £15.00
The Ideal Anti Downdraught Twin Wall Flue Cowl
- Takes moments to install - simply slot in using the heat resistant sealant provided
- Not only cures downdraught but stabilises draw like no other cowl on the market
- Windkat is static and therefore avoids the dangers associated with moving parts.
- Windkat is rated up to 600 C - more than many other cowls
- Windkat has been certified by the Environment Agency of Bavaria (Germany) as an energy saving device. Optimum flue draw leads to fuel saving and pollution reduction through a cleaner burn.
- Also acts as a Bird and Rain guard
- Windkat comes with an industry leading 10 year manufacturers warrantee.
- Windkat WILL cure your downdraught problems or your money back!
- Available with a wire mesh for gas appliances (optional extra)
ApprovalsWindkat complies with all British, European and German Standards
The Windkat cowl has been solving chimney problems in Germany for over 10 years. It is recommended by the German Chimney Sweeps Association and has been rigorously tested by the TUV (technical control board), Thuringen National Institute for the environment, Technical University of Munich, Bavarian Environmental Agency, Martin-Luther University Halle and the Technical university of Dresden. It complies with the European norm 13384-1 as well as the DIN norm 18160 and the demands of the FeuVO.